Engineering Manager Platform Services (m/f/d)SIXT SE
As Engineering Manager (m/f/d) for the Platform Services team, you are leading your team to continuously improve and deliver value for your internal customers. Your team owns our core libraries and services used by hundreds of engineers in various product teams across the organization. In this role, you play an integral part in our TECH organization. Together with your team members, you drive the evolution of our platform and collaborate with other SRE teams within the Platform Division. This includes the core services and libraries that we provide centrally in Java Spring Boot and GoLang.
DO WHAT YOU LOVE:
- You will lead a team of platform engineers on a mission to deliver value and innovation for all engineering teams within the SIXT TECH organization
- With your team, you take care of the core services and libraries that are the foundation for various teams to build and run their microservices
- You will guide your team to continuously improve its way of working, facilitating an innovation culture and experimenting with new technologies, helping your team members to learn and grow
- With your hands-on experience in software engineering, you facilitate modern engineering practices and empower your engineers to make sound technical decisions
- You will use your communication skills to influence engineers and managers alike to focus on relevant engineering improvements aligned with our strategic goals
COME AS YOU ARE:
- You have years of experience leading engineers in software engineering and several years in modern cloud native development
- You bring an agile mindset and pragmatic approaches to driving value to your team and the platform as your product
- You have experience developing complex technical products with strong non-functional requirements in a distributed system based on cloud native technology
- You are experienced in working with senior leaders and executive stakeholders
- You communicate effectively in English
Working at SIXT not only means creating the future of mobility, but also offers personal benefits. This means especially for you: 30 days of vacation, support for pension plans & capital-forming benefits, mobility allowance of 20€/month and flexible working hours. You can decide where you want to work from: Up to 50% of your monthly working time you can work completely mobile and from anywhere, up to 30 days per year even in other European countries (EU, CH & UK).
In addition, you will of course receive employee benefits for SIXT rent, share, ride and SIXT+, car leasing offers, discounts with partners for travel, technology, clothing, etc. as well as free cyber sports courses and numerous trainings for your individual development.
It's also important to balance out your work: That's why you have access to our employee restaurant (and yes, we insist on restaurant, because it's too high quality for a canteen) as well as various recreational opportunities such as our modern SIXT Gym, the gaming area, or the SIXT choir - to name just a few. One day a year you can support the children's aid foundation "Drying Little Tears", an initiative of Regine Sixt, & do something good.
In addition, your colleagues are pretty awesome. Which is important when you spend so much time together, and besides, no wonder when you get a bonus for referring friends as new employees. If something does bother you, you'll always have someone to confide in through regular feedback sessions, employee surveys or our psychological hotline through the Fürstenberg Institute. Otherwise, we live "work hard, play hard" - our parties are legendary! We also demand and promote DiverSIXTy, a corporate culture of acceptance, appreciation, and respect, in which everyone can develop their personality and ideas.
About the department:
Engineers take note: cutting edge technology is waiting for you! We don't buy, we primarily do it all ourselves: all core systems, whether in the area of car sharing, car rental, ride hailing and much more, are developed and operated by SIXT itself. Our technical scope ranges from cloud and on-site operations through agile software development. We rely on state-of-the-art frameworks and architectures and strive for a long-term technical approach. Exciting? Then apply now!
We are a leading global mobility service provider with sales of €3.07 billion and around 7,500 employees worldwide. Our mobility platform ONE combines our products SIXT rent (car rental), SIXT share (car sharing), SIXT ride (cab, driver and chauffeur services), SIXT+ (car subscription) and gives our customers access to our fleet of 270,894 vehicles, the services of 1,500 cooperation partners and around 1.5 million drivers worldwide. Together with our franchise partners, we are present in more than 110 countries at 2,098 rental stations. At SIXT, a first-class customer experience and outstanding customer service are our top priorities. We focus on true entrepreneurship and long-term stability and align our corporate strategy with foresight. Want to take off with us and revolutionize the world of mobility? Apply now!