Auf dem Schiff
SANITATION OFFICER f/mViking Cruises
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- The major goal of the position is to ensure a smooth and efficient operation of all sanitation in the Hotel – Deck & Engine departments and in line with Company’s Rules and Regulations.
- This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be per-formed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be re-quired to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Responsible that the vessel has constantly the highest sanitation standard.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of all outlets & locations assigned to the PH areas for Hotel depart-ments in compliance with PH Rules (referring to US, Anvisa, Shipsan, Canadian, Australian etc.) or com-pany policies (SMS/IPM...)
- Must be familiar with the regulations of the individual countries/regions sailing in.
- Responsible for PH and Sanitation trainings of all Deck, Engine and Hotel personnel, which includes but is not limited to hands on training for chemical usage/handling, equipment handling, cleaning tech-niques, time control plans, filling out logs i.e. blast chiller logs, cooling etc. in conjunction with the Chief Steward and all concerned HODs and retain all necessary logs.
- Maintain, monitor and audit all sanitation logs (Galley, Restaurant, HK, Bar, Provision, Chemical, Pota-ble water and Medical).
- Must have all outlets ready for any announced or unannounced Public Health Inspection, either done by the Shipboard Senior Management or local authorities.
- Monitor the dish wash areas during the peak hours to prevent loss of and breakage and monitor work-load of the utility team.
- Ensure Integrated Pest Management (IPM) procedures are well followed and maintain any documen-tation required and ensure on the floor follow up.
- Inspecting periodically all Hotel areas with and without Ships Management for USPH compliance.
- Ensuring proper storage of all chemicals onboard and periodically checking all chemicals stores.
- Assist the Executive Sous Chef in care, treatment and training on the galley equipment, especially dur-ing cleaning process.
- Assist the Executive Sous Chef in creating and monitoring work/repair orders and ensuring that all gal-ley equipment is in full working order.
- Ensure that waste control is in place, grocery breakage minimized and garbage separation followed.
- Establish cleaning routines such as dust cleaning, china dipping schedule etc.
- Ensuring that uniform and personal hygiene guidelines are followed according to the company stand-ards.
- Assist loading on the pier that all-perishable food Items are of highest quality and proper temperature / pest control before bringing on board.
EDUCATION / TRAINING
- Personality and Appearance: Must have a pleasant and courteous personality. Must be well groomed and presentable.
- Age and Health: Minimum age should be twenty-eight (28) years old. Be physically fit and in good health, without any previous record of any medical problems, drugs and alcoholism. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs (30 kilos) on a daily basis and able to work a minimum of ten hours per day, seven days a week.
- Professional Experience and Education: High School education or higher. Requires a mini-mum of five (3) years as kitchen Stewart & Sanitation officer related experience and/or train-ing; or equivalent combination of education and experience (Quality Hotels or Restaurants). A strong PH background is required, as are managerial, organizational skills and hands-on expe-rience in F&B Management with previous ship experience. Must be certified by the United States Public Health.
- Communication and Language Skills: Must be able to read, write and fluently speak English clearly in order to interpret and orate documents, such as manuals and orders. Other lan-guages are considered a benefit. Must be able to effectively communicate with the ships com-mand and senior management.
- Work Ethic: Must be a serious professional and take great pride in his work. Adherence to Company’s Rules and Regulations is a must to succeed in his job.
- Computer knowledge: Must be proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, MXP and computers in general.
- Ability to lead and make decisions.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Ability to work with international team.
- Product cost and quality conscious.
- Good administrative skills.
- Very good oral and written communication.
- Experienced in coaching subordinates.
- Excellent training and development skills
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC • Viking College • Uni-form Regulation • STCW 95
Über uns:Join Our Team Today
As The World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating and adding to our fleet each year. This means great opportunities for those who work for us. There is tremendous potential to advance your career, whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Job-ID: 16779 | Drucken