Auf dem Schiff
Auf dem Schiff
Auf dem Schiff
Inventory Manager m/wViking Cruises
PURPOSE OF POSITION
You ensure controlling and managing of all the aspects related to the Inventory Department, stores, replenishment and personnel, toward excellent, efficient and effective results.
- Prepares all Order Requests for all Hotel Stores items.
- Follows up on all Hotel Orders in order to make sure these are prepared in due time and submitted to Logistics Department correctly and in timely manner
- Cross checks the daily department requisitions in order to ensure the data has been entered correctly into the inventory system by Provision Master and Hotel Storekeeper
- Attends physical inventories together with Provision Master and Hotel Storekeeper
- Coordinates the physical receipt and handling of goods on loading days. Arranges for adequate staffing in order to support the Hotel Store Team and ensures products are being distributed and stored correctly in quick and timely manner
- In charge for all equipment receiving procedures and to cross check invoices and actual deliveries in coordination with the respective Department Heads in order to ensure that correct items have been delivered
- Reviews equipment used in the Hotel Stores and ensures that non-functioning equipment is being reported to technical department, following the proper procedures (AVO)
- Implements and follows up on correct Stock Rotation Procedures and ensures that FIFO regulation is in place
- Reviews on board Stock Levels of F&B and Hotel Supply’s in order to ensure that a minimum stock level is being kept on board
- Works closely with the Department Heads in order to ensure that all products needed for the operation are on board at all times and products are being used
- Reports to Hotel Director and F&B Manager regarding slow and non-moving items in the Hotel Stores and communicates with the Department Heads on options and possibilities to have these items used up
- Provides on job training for all Hotel Store Employees to strengthen their performance level and preparation for possible advancements
- Responsible for the working and resting hours of all the Store Department Team members.
- Prepares fair evaluations for all Hotel Stores Department personnel
- Comply with all corporate standards and procedures
- Follows all companies safety and environmental procedures
- Follows all store department procedures and policies
- Follows all companies PH standards and procedures
- Attends meetings, training activities, course and all other work-related activities as required
- Any additional duties delegated by Hotel Director
Supervisor: Hotel Director
Receives instructions from: Hotel Director, Corporate Operation Manager
- Required to speak, read and write in English in an Advanced level in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms.
- Minimum 3-5 years land progressive managerial experience in inventory operations in hotels, restaurants, resorts, or high volume distribution center.
- Or minimum 2-3 contracts completed on-board ships as Inventory Manager, Stores Manager, Hotel Controller or Provision Master.
- Experience on material management systems, preferably MXP.
- Experience of food handling procedures with regards to public health standards.
- Extensive knowledge of Hotel food, beverage, consumable, uniform, chemicals and equipment products.
- Experience on storeroom operations, including the successful identification of expense reduction through cost control, waste management and spoilage/ breakage control.
- Excellent understanding of inventory control practices.
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC •
Viking College • Uniform Regulation • Executive Chef Manual
As The World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating and adding to our fleet each year. This means great opportunities for those who work for us. There is tremendous potential to advance your career, whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.